- Write it out on paper, along with your motivations, obstacles, and strategies for overcoming them.
I am currently 191.4 lbs, and $7,500 in debt. Wow, it felt really gross, shameful, and weird to say aloud. Publicly. I’ve detailed a low carb meal plan. My house is stocked and I’m ready to go. I’ve got two walking areas in my neighborhood. I’ve downloaded couch to 5k (I like this program). I got my fitbit. I have a goal notebook. I’ve got my partner on for accountability. I have detail plans for a when, what, and where. I’ve gathered all my credit cards. I’ve put them in an envelope and asked my mom to hold on to them. I cut a few up but the big ones I haven’t yet. I have zero access from them and I deleted all of the saved cards from my phone.
- Commit fully, in a public way.
- Log your progress.
- Remain publicly accountable — report on your progress each day.
- Have support for when you falter — either in real life or online.
- Reward every little success.
- If you fail, figure out what went wrong, plan for it, and try again.
I feel so ready to make a change.